Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A hiccup and dissapointments

Well, I ran over a curb and bent a control arm under my car. Hello six hundred bucks in repairs, and goodbye to Dragoncon. Just no way I can swing it. So, I have my vacation scheduled for me to go and I have to spend all my con funds on auto repairs.
I'm going to be sitting at home without my car and not working while Con is going on. Bleah.
I haven't missed one in a dozen years and I am, of course, upset, but I was a bit doubtful about how good a time I was going to have.
This was going to be the first year I was going alone and I was just not sure I'd have a good time by myself.
Well, next year I'm thinking of trying Gen-Con, and I'll try to get a group of folks to go too. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment