Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

DC Universe RPG

I pre-ordered the print copy so I was sent the PDF for free.
Of what I've read so far, I'm liking it. The stats have changed the names a bit, and there are some that there weren't before. I'll go more in depth later.
The biggest change to the stats is you are no longer buying them on a 3-18 and beyond scale to get a +2 bonus beyond the human average of 10, which you started with for free anyway. Instead its on a scale of -5 to 20, with what you are paying for as the actual bonus.
Jamie, one of my players, complained just last week that he felt it was 'dumb' to buy the odd numbered stats since they didn't provide a bonus. Well, that's done.
The feats are now called advantages but are pretty much unchanged.
The powers section also seems unchanged, just much more clear.
I'll talk more about it as I dig in deeper.
So far, I'm liking it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment