Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Countdown to Dragoncon

Well, another Labor Day weekend will soon be upon us and with it will be another Dragoncon.
This will be my 14th one. The con had started to become a bit dull for me about five years ago. I was beginning to feel that I was just going to be going.
That was when I started to run games at Dragoncon.
It changed things for me there. I felt like I had a reason to go besides all the stuff to see and do. I feel like I'm part of the con and an active participant.
This year, I'll be running two games, two sessions each.
The first is called Heroic Effort. Its a re-working, or even a re-imagining of one I ran my second year running using Mutants and Masterminds 2e. I'm updating it for 3e and changing the name from its original title, American Hero, to Heroic Effort.
Its about a reality gameshow to pick the newest member of the world's greatest superteam. Little did I realize that George R.R. Martin would steal the name and concept for his Wild Card novel a year later.
I'm kidding, of course. I'm certain its just great minds, or a great mind and a median mind, thinking alike.
The other game is a sequel of sorts to last year's CoC game. That one was about a weekend party gala held at a country estate for a family. One of my great regrets is that I lost the memory card with those audio recordings. They were great sessions and I think that family deserves another look.
I hope to try out some new games, see some old friends, and make some new ones. Hope to see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment